Start your own real estate blog
Why do I need a real estate blog?
- - Promote your business / brand by only investing your time
- - It gives you a voice allowing you to contribute your expertise to sellers and buyers
- - It gives you more credibility
- - Additional and great SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) tool
- - Position yourself as an expert in your field/area by posting regular real estate tips & info
- - It is an excellent PR tool
- - Speak directly to your customers in an open fashion
So what is a blog?
“…A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world.
Your blog is whatever you want it to be. There are millions of them, in all shapes and sizes, and there are no real rules.
In simple terms, a blog is a web site, where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what's new. Then they comment on it or link to it or email you. Or not. …”
What will it cost?
Free to setup and host. You invest your time and real estate market knowledge to (ideally) establish yourself as a real estate leader in your community.
Which blog software to use?
My 2 personal favourites I recommend are:
1. Blogger.com www.blogger.com. It is simple to use, quick to setup and from Google.
2. Wordpress.com. www.wordpress.com. Also simple to setup and a lot of features.
Visit these addresses, you will find a link to start setup up your own blog in no time.
What will my website address be?
Short tutorial on setting up your own blog in Blogger.com