Why social signals and backlinks matter in real estate SEO
Along with top-notch content, exceptional backlinks are the ultimate in local SEO rankings.
Once you commit to creating content your audience finds valuable, they’ll start sharing it across the web. This will give your page(s) what are called social signals and backlinks — a notification to search engines that your content is being shared and is useful for particular purposes, which helps it determine your website quality and how you’ll rank.
If you feel as though you’ve spent a lot of time chasing backlinks from other reputable sites, here are some ways you can gain backlinks to further improve your local SEO.
- Continue to create and share valuable content that’s relevant to your audience. The search engines love long form, meaty content that fits with exactly what people are hoping to learn.
- Try your hand at writing a guest blog post on a website that represents the niche you specialize in. This isn’t a technique that’s recommended to be done just for the sake of obtaining a backlink, but it definitely has its benefits.
- Reach out to key players in your industry or niche and build relationships with them. This could lead to lots of mutual support and sharing of content.
- Ensure your website is responsive as most people browse social media channels from their mobile devices. If your content redirects to an outdated mobi-site or worse isn't mobile ready, it will hurt your SEO and social shares.
- Display your own social media icons on your website so it is easy for people to find you on social media